Follow Me!

Follow Me!
You won't regret it! DUH!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Eclipse Director Apologizes


Oops!

Filmmaker David Slade is doing some major backpeddling after a Tweet from his now defunct Twitter account read, "Twilight drunk? No, not even drunk. Twilight on acid? No, not even on acid? Twilight at gun point? Just shoot me."

But fate works in mysterious ways, and Slade has been hired to direct the third film in the franchise called Eclipse, causing Slade to explain himself to rabid tween Twilight fans.

Slade wrote in an email:

"When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.

"Of course, I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.

"I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve."

Keep groveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment